Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Surgery date!!!

I saw my orthodontist for the usual adjustment on 2/22 and she took new molds of my bite. She still hasn't gotten back to me about how they look when the oral surgeon's office called - they wanted to know my progress because they said they are booked through June and if I will be ready anytime soon I need to let them know because they are filling up fast. Then they told me that they have May 4th date available and suggested that they put me down for that date now, confirm with my orthodontist that it will be okay and in case it's not, we can reschedule.

So I spoke with my orthodontist and she said that my bite (from the molds) is showing more progress and that by May 4th I should be ready. So as it stands now, it's May 4th! Even though I was hoping my surgery would be around March/April, I am so excited that I finally have a date and know that things are moving forward =)

7 comments:

  1. Great news! I know you are ready to get on with this. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats fantastic news! Seems like our surgeries will be at the same time as mine is on the 3rd of May now.
    Good luck everything progresses smoothly until then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your surgery date! That's so exciting! That's actually the one year anniversary of my braces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant news, it's so nice to have something to focus on in the future - though the countdown will feel like forever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME! Congrats. I came across your blog through a few of my followers and it is great. I can't even tell you how we have THE SAME BITE!!! Crazy... I'm not joking... it is almost identical. I hope you will follow me and you can be sure I will follow you. :) My date is later... July 8th, but it has been scheduled a while. I am so excited for it all to be fixed. I am having both jaws done (front foward, and bottom back) with bone graphs on the top as well. I am sooooooo excited to finally look normal, eat normal, and talk WITHOUT a lisp and nasal sound. :)))))))) I am glad I found a blogger going through the same thing!

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the positive comments! I'll be seeing the OS on March 26th to discuss, take x-rays, etc so I will blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dane...I have basically the same thing...
    I really want to fix it...so embarrassing sometimes with my underbite...Im 16 almost 17...i think im going to convince my parents that this is a big problem for me....and reading ur blog has encourged me to take it more seriously or else it might get worse...

    ReplyDelete