Wednesday, January 13, 2010

8th Adjustment

I had my 8th adjustment yesterday. Got my top wire changed, that's pretty much it. She talked to me about the surgery some more - she said that based on the last molds they took in Oct/Nov, when she positions my bite as they will during surgery, my right side bite leaves an open space and she says we need to fix that before surgery. She said that she doesn't think that has been fixed yet but that during my next visit they will take new molds of my teeth and see how it looks then - if it looks good, then I am good to go for surgery!!! I am praying it will look good because I want to get this done already so bad.

She also said one of her patients had the same type of surgery recently with the same Oral Surgeon and that he looks great and is recovering well.

5 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I hope that you're good to go for surgery by your next ortho visit.

    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be here before you know it!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have written this blog because I am about to go through the same thing, I thought it was going to be a simple procedure but clearly not. I am still waiting to see the orthognathic so he can see what needs to be done, I thought I would be able to have the op done straight away but now I see its going to take a lot longer :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to read that you're making process. Patience is key to this process, though.

    I just started a new jaw blog called Jaw Nom Nom. It's going to have food suggestions for after surgery. I hope you'll stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support. It definetly is a long process but hopefully well worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete