Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting Closer & Closer...

I can't believe how fast time has been flying by. My surgery is approx a week and a half away!

Last week I had to go give blood at a blood donation center in case I will need a transfusion post op. Yesterday I was at the hospital for a checkup, medical history and more blood testing. The doctors also took new pictures and all these different types of molds of my teeth and other weird things involving metal headgear lol. I got my prescriptions already, just need to fill them. They gave me 6 - an anti-biotic (amoxicillan), peridex (mouthwash), afrin allergy & children's sudafed (for congestion), ibuprofen 100mg & acetaminophen/codeine (for pain). I don't know why they didn't prescribe something stronger for pain but my OS did mention a while back that there isn' that much pain involved in this so hopefully I will do fine with what they gave me.

I asked whether the breathing tube and urinary catheter will be out by the time I wake up and they told me that the breathing tube will most likely be out but the catheter will probably stay in -- eek, I was hoping all that stuff would be out so that I don't have to feel them taking it out =/ I am scared of that part...

I still have a dental cleaning next week and getting surgical hooks at my ortho the day before surgery and that's it... ready to go!

I am starting to feel a bit anxious about the whole process but trying to stay positive and think that everything will go smoothly.

My naturopath gave me a some supplements/vitamins (in powder form) to take before and after surgery to help with recovery.

I still need to go shopping to stock up on stuff I will need during recovery.

2 comments:

  1. You're getting so close! :D I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck as you prepare for your surgery. My surgery is scheduled for May 6. It's pretty close to yours. I've been trying to get things I need too. I was kinda bummed when I read that they let you donate blood. I asked them about a month out from surgery and they told me it was too close to the day of surgery. I think they were wrong though. Stay positive. June

    ReplyDelete